Be Here. Be Great. Working for a leader in the insurance industry means opportunity for you. Great American Insurance Group’s member companies are subsidiaries of American Financial Group, a Fortune 500 company.
We combine a "small company" culture where your ideas will be heard with "big company" expertise to help you succeed. With over 30 specialty property and casualty operations and a variety of financial services, there are always opportunities here to learn and grow.
The Alternative Markets Division of Great American Insurance Group is a leader in the development of long-term, profitable captive partnerships with agents, associations, and large accounts (via group or single entity captive structures).
We are also building non-captive program partnerships with retail agents who have distinguished themselves as experts in a particular class or industry.
Alternative Markets is currently searching for a Casualty Claim Specialist.
- Investigates and maintains claims. Reviews and evaluates coverage and/or liability. Secures necessary information (i.e., reports, policies, appraisals, releases, statements or other documents) in the investigation of claims.
- Works toward the resolution of claims files, and attends arbitrations, mediations or trials as necessary.
- Will affect settlements/reserves within prescribed limits and submits recommendations to supervisor on cases exceeding personal authority.
- Ensures that claims payments are issued in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensures compliance of claims handling pursuant to all state, legal, statutory and regulatory bodies to comply with all company procedures and requirements.
- Provides technical advice to lower level positions and other functional areas.
- May lead the work of others (mentors, prioritizes, delegates and reviews assignments).
- Must obtain state adjusting licenses where required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 6 years handling casualty claims or equivalent work experience.
- Must have have strong skills in customer service, computers, verbal and written communications, time management, and organizational skills.
- Able to perform work with limited supervision within prescribed claims authority.
- Will be viewed as a senior resource within their area of expertise.