Be Here. Be Great. Working for a leader in the insurance industry means opportunity for you. Great American Insurance Group, a member of American Financial Group, is a Fortune 500 company consistently recognized as a top place to work.
We combine a "small company" culture where your ideas will be heard with "big company" expertise to help you succeed. With over 30 specialty property and casualty operations and a variety of financial services, there are always opportunities here to learn and grow.
The ECA Division provides an affordable alternative to Texas Workers' Compensation coverage via the Texas non-subscriber program. ECA has successfully developed and managed the leading non-subscription program in Texas.
ECA is currently searching for a Claim Manager for our Texas Non-Subscriber Claims Office in Frisco. The person hired for this position will investigate and maintain their own caseload, as well as supervise the day-to-day activities of employees within the Claims unit.
- Confirms and evaluates coverage and liability of varying complexity medical, indemnity and liabilityclaims.
- Secures and analyzes necessary information and documentation in the investigation of claims.
- Works toward the resolution of claims files.
- May attend arbitrations, mediations, dispositions or trials as necessary.
- May affect settlements / reserves within prescribed limits. Submits recommendations to supervisor on cases exceeding personal authority.
- Ensures that claims payments are issued in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensures that claims handling is conducted in compliance with applicable statutes, regulations and other legal requirements, and that all applicable company procedures and policies are followed.
- Advises reporting staff on claim files and extends settlement authority as necessary after reviewing files.
- Coordinates the day-to-day work activities and procedures within the unit. Responsible for performance, development and coaching of staff (i.e., hiring, firing, performance management, salary increases, etc.).
- Provides training to new members of the team / unit.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5 or more years of related experience including med-only, Texas non subscriber, workers' compensation claims. Experience in general liabilityinvestigations, evaluations and accompanying litigation is preferred.
- Prior management experience and the ability to motivate and develop a cohesive team is required.
- Ability to manage outside legal counsel, vendors and experts as necessary.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills are necessary.
- Systems and software proficiency necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.