Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
We are currently seeking a Philadelphia-based senior claims attorney or claims professional to support Chubb Group Claims. This is an officer-level position which will have visibility across the entire Chubb Group claims function.
The Claim Director – Group Claims reports to the Chubb Group Claims Counsel and is responsible for:
- Assisting the Chubb Group Claims Counsel in managing large claim reporting process for all Group Claims subsidiaries
- Reviewing and communicating large claim information
- Ensuring flow of consistent, accurate and timely Claims data
- Evaluating financial provisions on individual claims
- Prepare various reports for senior claims management including significant claims, coverage litigation and appeals
This job requires:
- 3 - 5 years’ experience as claims professional and/or attorney
- Progressive experience managing claims and litigation
- Advanced knowledge of insurance law
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Comfort in dealing with senior executives
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing
- Strong influence management skills
- Experience with legal and insurance operations outside the United States
- Lawdegree and Bar membership strongly preferred
- Travel 10%