National Interstate is a member of Great American Insurance Group. As one of the leading commercial transportation insurers in the nation, we offer risk financing solutions in all 50 states tailored to meet the needs of a wide variety of transportation classes. Our offerings include traditional insurance and innovative alternative risk transfer (ART) programs, including more than a dozen group captive programs catering to niche wheels markets. We are proud to be a multiple Northcoast 99 winner and Cleveland Plain Dealer Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio. It is because of our talented and dedicated team that we are able to live out our company values of integrity, transparency, fairness, accountability, empowerment and collaboration with each transaction we make. If you are ready to join an engaging and driven team such as ours, we would love to hear from you!
- Investigates and maintainsclaims:Develops, prepares and implementsClaimsLitigation strategy, including affecting settlements / reserves within prescribed limits.
- Reviews and evaluates coverage and / or liability.
- Assigns cases to outside counsel and evaluates their performance.
- Works toward the resolution of claims files and attends arbitrations, mediations or trials as necessary, but is not attorney of record.
- Provides legal advice and counsel to Claims personnel.
- Ensures compliance of claims handling pursuant to all state, legal, statutory and regulatory bodies.
- May provide oversight and supervision to outside counsel on claims-related litigation.
- May provide guidance and assistance to lower level positions.
- May prepare for and attend trials as legal representation for insureds and/or the company
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: LLM (Masters of Law) or JD (Juris Doctorate) and current attorney license required.
Field of Study: Law
Experience: 3 to 6 years of related experience.
Job ID 23752