NTT DATA Services Public Sector Vertical is currently looking for a DC metro-based Sr. Director to join our Executive Team. The Sr. Director will be responsible for driving the identification, development and capture of IT Solution and Program Management opportunities in the Civilian space. A working knowledge of the overall Civilian organizational structure, operating environment, major IT applications, and acquisition processes is required. A demonstrated understanding of a Civilian Agencies organization, priorities, and strategic direction is essential.
The ideal candidate will have experience supporting market assessment and strategic planning and will have played a hands-on role in new revenue attainment. The individual should have strong communication skills with the ability to consult effectively with government clients and contractor community executives.
Only those candidates with prior demonstrated experience selling and/or delivering services within the Civilian sector will be considered. The ideal candidate will have:
- Existing relationships within large civilian agencies.
- Experience managing business development or delivery efforts
- Solid knowledge of the competitive landscape, including an understanding of key contract vehicles used
- Established relationships with relevant clients and contractors
- Experience supporting different aspects of the sales lifecycle including opportunity identification, qualification, account penetration, pursuit strategy, and contracting processes
- Ability to partner with alliance/channel partners to craft and support the sale of solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experience creating and providing inputs for proposal content
- Ability to create and communicate value propositions and engage clients consultatively
Job Level Specific Duties & Skills:
- Manages negotiations for moderately complex contracts within small to mid-sized accounts.
- Develops and manages the pipeline of qualified prospects in line with NTT DATA's overall sales and growth strategy.
- Identifies and researches top prospects, developing detailed account plans in line with a complex sale methodology and driving sufficient demand to meet quarterly and annual targets.
- Utilizes advanced knowledge of NTT DATA's service offerings and understanding of the customer's business to develop customized proposals that present creative solutions that successfully sell the organization's capabilities.
- Ensures solution value drivers are reflected in the client value proposition of sales team proposals.
- Demonstrated ability to build sales forecasts, establish priorities and focus on sales goals.
- Proven demonstrated experience meeting or exceeding sales quota.
- Strong influencing, presentation and professional sales skills.
- Ability to develop long-term strategic and executive level relationships
- Proven track record of building relationships, influencing thinking through a consultative sales process, and closing complex services sales.