PEC has an opportunity for a Project Manager in our Tulsa, Oklahoma office. This position requires an experienced licensed engineer with five or more years of project management. This individual must be capable of performing assignments with little to no supervision. The Project Manager oversees project design efforts from concept development through final deliverables. The Project Manager may also manage Project Engineers in other disciplines or multi-discipline projects. This position will also serve as a point of contact for current and future projects with the Oklahoma Department of Transportation as well as municipal clients within the state of Oklahoma.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handle project management tasks and manages the transportation aspects of projects
- Work with the Team Lead to complete the following tasks: procure design projects, write proposals to clients, write agreements for services, sub-consultant agreements.
- Develop clear design expectations, schedules, budgets, and probable construction costs.
- Direct engineering and technician staff to take design sketches and mark-ups to produce a set of construction documents.
- Ability to work independently and with others, with a minimum level of supervision.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for client contact.
- Extensive knowledge of applicable codes and standards.
- High level of comfort with business development activities.
- Knowledge and high degree of skill in determining project requirements, setting the project scope of work, determining design budgets, determining preliminary construction budgets, and review of contracts.
- High degree of skill in managing multiple objectives, clients, contractors, third parties and internal team members.
- Responsible for the overall project budget, schedule, staffing and quality.
- Perform quality control reviews at appropriate milestones and assure proper QC parameters are meet.
- Report preparation and presentation to clients. Meet with clients regarding design, budget, or staff performance issues.
- Review all project RFI's, change orders, and any potential contract expense features on projects.
- Meet with Senior Staff and Management on regular basis to discuss company objectives, long term strategic goals, financial performance, QC procedures, etc.
- Work with the Team Lead to prepare estimates for proposals and assist in the preparation of proposals/agreements. Assist in the selection of sub-consultants and writing sub-consultant agreements.
- Know your Project Engineers strengths, weaknesses, and workload abilities.
- Excellent understanding of requirements of other disciplines on the project team.
- Mentor project engineers in the technical, marketing, project management, and client management aspects of engineering.
- Serve on special committees formed by upper management.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum of a B.S. Degree in an appropriate field of study from an accredited college is required.
- Minimum of five years actual experience in project management duties.
- Professional Engineering Licensure in the location of practice.
- Oklahoma DOT project experience preferred.
- Familiarity with current ODOT standards and practices
- Proficient in the use of Bentley Products, including Microstation and OpenRoads preferred. Experience in Civil 3D is a plus.