WSP is initiating a search for the key role Civil Transportation Group Manager.
This position will be based in Nashville and will be the Leader for the Transportation disciplines in the Tennessee area. This individual will have significant involvement and input in the strategic plan to grow the practice and increase our project management and business development activities. The successful candidate will manage the Transportation practice as part of the Civil Technical Excellence Center (TEC) in Nashville, Knoxville as well as future areas of growth throughout the state and region.
Provide regional and/or multi-sector leadership to ensure civil engineering subject matter, technical deliverables, infrastructure projects and programs are delivered with a level of quality that meets or exceeds acceptable industry standards for design, safety, and functionality. Responsible for SME innovation and administration, ensuring corporate compliance with all Local, State, and Federal engineering, construction, and safety regulations, and providing strategic and consistent direction to address current and future challenges in a large-scale and multi-faceted business organization.Your Impact
Who You AreRequired Qualifications
- Provide proactive and strategic process and people leadership for the design, implementation, and administration of engineering discipline's project and program involvement within the organization.
- Manage multi-discipline and complex projects for both public and private sector clients, coordinating with the Local Business Lead, as well as other local and regional discipline and market leads. Transportation areas include Roadway/Civil, Structures, Traffic, Transit, Bridge Inspection. Coordination with other business lines includes water, buildings, earth & environment and advisory services.
- Lead the most complex and largest scale civil engineering projects within the engineering discipline, ensuring contributors know what they are required to do and by when, preparing and overseeing relevant project budgets, monitoring internal and external events, tracking hours and expenses, ensuring satisfactory performance and profitability, and supervising subcontractors, contract work, and employees.
- Responsible for the pursuit and development of business and the successful execution of work for current and potential infrastructure work within a geography specifically for the large projects within the area.
- Drive the overall long-term strategy, growth, and pipeline development of Civil Engineering work for WSP in assigned area of responsibility, with a focus on infrastructure opportunities in all disciplines (planning, design, and strategic consulting and program/construction management).
- Accountable for the profitable performance of the individual projects and the successful completion of the projects within the specified area.
- Oversee internal vision and mission for the engineering discipline, ensuring alignment with business operations strategy, and maintaining that certifications, accreditations, and client value ratings are continuously improved.
- Provide senior leadership for proposals and project work scopes, pricing, budget, and performance metrics for the engineering discipline.
- Develop high-level business contacts and a client base for providing high level civil engineering services including identifying additional business development opportunities, and cross-selling of other WSP capabilities.
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct, and adhere to WSP's Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, or closely related discipline.
- 15 years of experience in project and staff management on large transportation projects
- Engineer license required
- Advanced proficiency with civil engineering principles, practices, process, design/build, standard of care, and the application to permitting and project work-related issues.
- Extensive advanced proficiency with infrastructure design.
- Advanced knowledge of relevant civil construction laws, codes, regulations, compliance practices, and record-keeping requirements, and the business impact upon the organization.
- Demonstrated ability with establishing, implementing, and managing multiple larger-scale discipline-related programs, documents, projects, and practices for a line(s) of business.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to manage staff, and effectively, persuasively, and tactfully interact with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Strategic lateral thinking and strong analytical skills with attention to detail and prioritization of responsibilities in a pressure work environment.
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP's health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in TN
- Experience with TDOT and local agencies and municipalities in TN is highly desirable #LI-KB1