SNC-Lavalin Inc. is seeking a Civil Engineer withtransportationexperience in our Halifax, NS office.Reporting to theTransportation Market Leader, you will be an integral part of ourengineering team, developing and implementing technical solutions in both the office and field. You will participate in all project phases, from feasibility to detailed design, tendering andconstruction. Candidates must have strong verbal and written communication skills, have a keen interest in a fast paced work environment, and be proficient in research, document review, organization, and time/budget management. The successful applicant must be able to work interchangeably in a team setting, and independently, and will be expected to liaise with professional staff includingtechnicians, engineers, sub consultants,contractors and clients.
- Comply with corporate policies and safety protocols and identification of general safety, and HSE requirements;
- Aids in the development of Transportation work in the Atlantic Region including municipal, highway and traffic planning;
- Provide technical support in Transportation, Municipal, Highway, Traffic Planning and Bridge work ;
- Working knowledge of Civil 3D or Microstation;
- Experience with Federal, Municipal and Provincial clients;
- Experience in underground municipal infrastructure design such as storm and sanitary systems would be an asset;
- Experience in Traffic management and intersection design would be an asset;
- Aids in the production of engineering documents such as, technical or design reports, cost estimates and construction specifications;
- Prepare proposals by determining concept; gathering and formatting information; writing drafts; and, obtaining approvals;
- Perform as either the design field engineer or as the clients field engineer representative and be responsible for Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) supervision on Civil projects;
- Undertake, contract administration, construction management and design optimization;
- Foster critical relationships with technical and non-technical staff, and technology suppliers;
- Interface with project teams to develop and implement multi-disciplinary project and proposal strategies; and,
- Liaise with clients, regulatory agencies, and contractors.
- BachelorDegree in Civil Engineering (Transportation ) from an accredited university;
- 5-10 years applicable experience in the consulting sector specifically Transportation;
- Registration or eligible to be registered with Engineers Nova Scotia;
- Excellent communication (written and oral), prioritization and organization skills;
- Detail oriented with the ability to balance a diverse and changing workload; and,
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, Civil 3D , AutoCAD Micro station , and 3D experience/abilities are considered an asset;
- Project Management experience are considered asset.