Arcadis seeks a Civil / Structural Inspector to join the team on projects in the LA area to visit construction sites and inspect each stage of construction up to completion
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Interpret plans, specifications, and codes and verifies contract work is performed in accordance with them.
- Prepares Non-Conformance Reports when work is not performed to the approved standards. Maintains daily activity logs and reports.
- Monitor contractor-testing activities. Determine construction conforms to plans and specifications; if not issue Non-Conformance Reports for corrective action.
- Assist in maintaining, supporting, and promoting a safe work environment while complying with LACMTA's safety rules, policies, and procedures.
- Coordinates preparation of inspection cost estimates and maintenance records.
- Arranges, coordinates and oversees technical inspections such as electrical, mechanical, landscaping, soil testing, concrete and asphalt mixes, and reinforcing steel for conformance to specification requirements.
- Coordinates Metro Test laboratory activities and compares verifications test results with results from Contractor's laboratory.
- May allocate inspection resources and supervise inspectors.
- Ten (10) years or more years of experience which reflect a progressively increasing level of responsibility on complex projects as a General Contractor, Building Construction Supervisor, Building Inspector of large commercial or industrial construction projects, heavy construction projects, transportation, or transit construction projects for the appropriate disciplines including utilities, civil, architectural, structural, electrical, mechanical, trackwork, and tunnel systems.
- ICC Certificate of Reinforced Concrete or Masonry, ACI Registered Construction Inspector License, comparable Deputy Inspection License for a county or city agency, NICET certification, or other alternative certification from an acceptable nationally recognized organization is highly desirable where applicable to Inspection of that particular trade.
- OSHA 30 training certification. Certificates in this classification that exceed this requirement will be accepted.