Be involved in projects with our Substation Design Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client's objectives and solves their challenges.
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach- and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Civil Structural Engineer for our Newark, New Jersey office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Civil/Structural Engineer is required to work within a multi-discipline team to develop efficient and reliable design of civil/structural activities.
- The Civil/Structural Engineer will coordinate his/her design activities to maintain project schedules and ensure successful projectcompletion.
- The Civil/Structural Engineer may also be required to assist the Estimating Team in preparation of estimates and projectproposals.
This position is accountable to provide all design activities in accordance with all applicable codes and standards, including all policies and procedures, such as Safety, Environmental, Quality Assurance and Quality Control.
Additional accountabilities for the Civil/Structural Engineer include:
- Designing structures for electrical facilities including substation support structures, foundations, site development, control buildings, and ancillary structures,
- Delivering accurate and thorough designs that will meet industry standards and specifications,
- Reviewing internal and external designs for code compliance, good design practice and constructability,
- Preparing project specifications for material and equipment purchase and installation,
- Resolving site queries, attending site meetings and performing site inspections during the construction phase of projects,
- Maintaining complete project documentation with respect to civil/structural design and construction, including all completion packages, as-built requirements and return data information,
- Making and maintaining appropriate commitments to project teams and coordinating design activities with multi-disciplined project team members,
- Maintaining good working relationships with internal groups that support projects such as Procurement, Drafting, Project Management, etc,
- Maintaining good working relationships with clients, material suppliers, contractors, and any others that affect the quality, schedule and cost of projects.
- Work with multiple technical teams of Engineers
Talent is the essence of meeting our client's objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we'd love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
- A degree in Civil or Structural Engineering from a recognized institution.
- P.E. Registration is preferred or eligible for P.E. Licensing.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in civil and structural designs for electrical substation facilities.
- A working knowledge of Risa, S-frame and S-Steel design software or similar software and a good knowledge of Microsoft Office, Windows, MS Outlook.
- 3D Design experience a strong plus (Revit / Inventor).