The essential functions and responsibilities of the position are:
- Design civil/structural systems, structures and components.
- Assist with modifications to existing equipment, systems, structures and components.
- Provide technical support to the Civil, Mining and FKC – Lake Shore Divisions.
- Assist with project planning and technical quotes for systems, structures and components.
- Ensure compliance with safety standards related to civil/structural systems, structures and components.
- Assist in responding to site-based requests for information, including analysis and recommendations.
- Prepare and present project documents including calculations, drawings, specifications and reports.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET-accredited institution.
- Five (5) to 10 years of work experience, preferably in a field related to underground construction and/or mining.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.) or ability to register as a licensed P.E. within two (2) years.