Civil Structural Engineer - ( 230003OI ) Description
Join a team that has been partnering with our clients for more than 100 years to improve the quality of life around the world. When it comes to hydropower, dams, locks and navigation projects, we design with the next generation in mind. We operate with the strength of a $3B company paired with the agility of a specialized waterpower and dams group, to deliver some of the most iconic and cutting edge projects around the world. This proud legacy has fostered a culture of innovation and safety, leading our team to design the world's most impactful waterpower and dam projects-projects vital to both local and global communities. Your Opportunity
Stantec is currently looking to add a Civil/Structural Engineer to support our Denver, CO office within our Energy practice. The ideal candidate will have a strong background and/or interest in engineering design in the field of dams and hydroelectric power generation. The successful candidate will have a strong willingness to be part of a large global engineering company and to work with teams in other offices around the world.
This position applies knowledge of civil engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields, with specific emphasis in structural engineering related to large infrastructures. In addition, candidates must have familiarity with common methods for analysis and design of structures using relevant codes and standards. A successful applicant must be capable of working effectively with teams and clients and be willing to learn from peers and supervisors. Your Key Responsibilities
Qualifications Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Participant on multidisciplinary teams in an office environment as well as in virtual team environment.
- Preparation of studies, design criteria, design reports, plans and specifications, and quality assurance reviews of related designs and construction plans, and support of construction.
- Inspect construction for compliance with specifications; review and approve drawings; conduct field inspections; review progress versus schedule.
- Perform preliminary and detailed civil /structural analysis and design for concrete, steel and masonry structures.
- Support multi-disciplinary teams on civil and structural engineering projects.
- Assist with preparation of budgets and scopes of work.
- Organize, draft and coordinate production of drawings and specifications to ensure technical accuracy.
- Serve as project engineer on small- to mid-sized projects and work on several projects concurrently.
- Assist in project administration including writing reports, gathering information, drafting proposals, drafting correspondence, and completing progress reports.
- Assist technical staff in field activities including site inspections, shop inspections, monitoring and other fieldwork.
- Work in a manner to ensure your personal safety and that of fellow employees by following company health and safety guideline and policies.
- B.S. in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Master's degree in Civil Engineering with emphasis on Structural Engineering preferred
- PE license or ability to get the PE within one year after the hire.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience
- Previous consultative work experience in structural design for hydraulic structures is a plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prepare complete, concise, and organized engineering calculations.
- Solid knowledge of relevant design codes and standards.
- Familiarity with finite element software such as ANSYS, LS DYNA, ABAQUS or SAP2000.
- Familiarity with ESCEL and MATHCAD.
- Experience in the analysis and design of hydraulic structures.
- Strong organizational skills, multitasking ability, and excellent computer skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, report preparation, and the ability to work with engineering staff at all levels.
- Some travel may be required.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice. #FeelingEnergized
Pay transparency laws require employers to provide the following information for positions that may be in the following jurisdiction(s): Salary Range(s):
- $93,400 - $135,400 (CA, CO, WA locations only)
The final agreed upon compensation is based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location. At Stantec certain roles are bonus eligible. Benefits Summary:
Full-time and part-time employees have access to medical, dental, and vision plans, a wellness program, health saving accounts, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan, employee stock purchase program, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage and paid family leave. Employees will receive ten paid holidays in each calendar year. In addition, employees will be eligible to accrue vacation between 10 and 20 days per year and eligible for paid sick leave (and if more generous, in accordance with state and local law).
Temporary employees have access to 401(k) plans, employee stock purchase program, and paid leave, in accordance with state and local law. Primary Location
: United States-Colorado-Denver Work Locations
Denver 17th St CO Organization
: BC-2242 Energy-US West Employee Status
: Regular Job Level
: Individual Contributor Travel
: Yes, 20 % of the Time Schedule
: Full-time Job Posting
: Sep 11, 2023, 10:43:06 AM Req ID:
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans