We are currently seeking a Civil/Structural Engineer in the Tampa, FL area to assist in the determination of the origin, cause and extent of structural failures, water intrusions, construction defects and other failures to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a new Professional Engineer to train in Forensics. In return for your talent and effort, we offer a flexible work schedule and opportunities for advancement. In return for your talent and effort, we offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package—including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, employer-matching 401(k), a flexible work schedule, and opportunities for advancement.
Duties in this key position involve the investigation and analysis of residential, commercial, and industrial properties for the purpose of resolving claims and legal disputes. Assignments may include foundation settlement investigations, structural assessments, site evaluations, sub-surface investigations and vibration analysis. Prepare oral and written reports that document causes of failure, extent of loss, and recommended remediation. Provide expert opinions and testimony. Other duties include gathering photographic evidence, conducting investigations to document onsite conditions and oversee field or laboratory testing.
- BS Civil or Structural Engineering
- PE License and 5 years of experience
- Project Engineering/Management experience
- Independent judgment; strong analytical skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to climb roofs and lift up to 50 pounds
- Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications (MSWord, Excel, and PowerPoint).
Job ID 2017-1506