We currently seek an experienced Civil/Structural Engineer (P.E.) to support operations in our Kansas City. In this position you will apply your technical knowledge to help assess and determine the origin and cause of complex and unique problems for our clients. The candidate’s experience should include a variety of project types, sizes, and complexities. In return for your talent and effort, we offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package—including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, employer-matching 401(k), a flexible work schedule, and opportunities for advancement.
- Perform forensic assignments within the field of civil/structural engineering expertise based upon a scope of work and budget prepared by the consultant and agreed upon by the client in advance of performing the work.
- Analyze, assess and determine the cause and origin of structural damage and failures, construction defects, foundation issues, moisture intrusion, fire & explosion damage of residential, commercial and industrial buildings.
- Conduct field investigations and desktop reviews to determine the cause and origin of building construction failures or deficiencies.
- Manage concurrent projects with varying sizes, scopes, client types, and durations.
- Provide residential investigations of distressed foundations and building systems
- Supervision of structural and geotechnical investigations
- Conduct field evaluations and provide verbal and written reports of findings.
- Communicate regularly and directly with a variety of clients.
- Provide expert testimony via depositions or in a court of law as required develop client relationships by providing and maintaining the companies high standard of customer service and client communications.
- Work with local and national marketing managers to establish and grow relationships.
- Multitask; work to meet schedule commitments of multiple assignments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Structural, or Architectural Engineering or higher
- Professional Engineering (P.E.) License is required
- NCEES Record Preferred
- 8-10 years of experience including Commercial and Residential Construction with knowledge of Construction Documents, Construction Administration and Construction Management.
- Knowledge of fundamental engineering principles and building component assemblies.
- Analytical skills and ability to resolve complex problems.
- Working knowledge of building codes, standards, and other technical references.
- The ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing to clients and other involved parties details of the projects engineering/architectural issues.
- Must be hands-on in conducting field investigations.
- Requires prompt responsiveness to peers and clients.
- Rare, but occasionally work will require unusual hours.
- We are looking for an outgoing individual that will interact well with staff, clients and homeowners well.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and be able to perform inspections on construction sites and on ladders/roofs.
- Must be willing to travel.