We are currently seeking a Civil/Structural Engineer in the Erie, PA area to investigate and determine origin, cause and extent of structural failures, water intrusions, construction defects and other failures. If you are relentless in the pursuit of answering the question “why”, we are the firm for you.
In return for your talent and effort, we offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package—including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, employer-matching 401(k), a flexible work schedule, and opportunities for advancement.
Duties in this key position involve the investigation and analysis of residential, commercial, and industrial properties for the purpose of resolving claims and legal disputes. Assignments may include foundation settlement investigations, structural assessments, site evaluations, sub-surface investigations and vibration analysis. Prepare oral and written reports that document causes of failure, extent of loss, and recommended remediation. Interact with clients and third parties on a daily basis. Provide opinions and expert testimony. Other duties include gathering photographic evidence, conducting investigations to document onsite conditions and oversee field-testing.
- BS Civil or Structural Engineering
- PE License required
- 8-10 years of experience
- Project engineering/management capabilities
- Independent judgment, strong analytical and research skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to climb roofs and lift up to 50 pounds
- Intrigued by new situations and challenges
- Not afraid to ask questions
- MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Job ID 2017-1454