About WSP USA
WSP USA, formerly WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, is the U.S. operating company of one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms—WSP. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 7,000 people in 100 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper.
Our Transportation and Infrastructure Group is actively seeking a Supervising Engineer/Project Manager for Raleigh, NC with experience in the design of highway infrastructure projects.. As a Project Manager, this individual will provide local focus, direction and leadership to the Client while partnering closely with the local technical groups and area management.
The ideal candidate will have proven success in leading staff and delivering various types of infrastructure projects, a Bachelor of Science degree in engineering, science, or a technical discipline, advanced degreepreferred, and a minimum of 10 years of experience in a technical field. Managerial experiencedesired. Strong relationships with project Owners and Clients are strongly desired.
The successful candidate will be responsible for performing the following tasks:
- Ensuring that production of specifications, reports and analyses meet scope, schedule, cost and quality requirements and are commensurate with professional standards, client requirements and corporate objectives
- Planning, scheduling, and coordinating staffing levels needed for projects
- Providing coordination with other design disciplines and remote office locations, including: Planning, Environmental, Roadway, Structures, Hydraulics/Drainage and Traffic.
- Collaborating with management to determine long-range plans and objectives, including recommendations on project staffing, evaluating and mentoring of subordinate staff
- Manage Projects and maintain schedule, budget, and profitability of assigned projects, overseeing preparation of plans, specifications, proposals and RFC packages
- Completing ad hoc projects as needs arise
- Lead transportation project business development efforts and participate in proposal presentation and business development activities
- Representing WSP USA in assigned locations, markets, and industry associations
- A minimum of 12years of related experience in the design and management of engineering activities for infrastructure projects.
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) license in the State of North Carolina, or the ability to obtain one within six months is required.
- NCDOT ExperienceRequired
- Microstation/Geopak experiencerequired
- Demonstrating creativity, foresight and mature engineering judgment, and successfully managing multiple projects and task assignments, relying upon demonstrated experience in design quality control programs
- Preparing, managing and reviewing project deliverables including planning, design and construction documents, project reports, environmental studies, cost estimates, scopes of work, proposals, etc.
- Demonstrating experience with State and local governments, contractors, transportation agencies, etc.
- Serving as a Project Manager or Deputy Project Manager on major projects
- Leading project pursuits in coordination with the Area Manager and local Business Development Manager
- Maintaining a strong focus on operations and project delivery
- Strategizing the development of new business with new and existing clients
EOE / Veteran/ Disability/ Gender (M-F)/Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation