Merrick & Company, an employee owned company, is seeking an experienced Senior Civil Engineer with strong Project Management skills to join our growing Greenwood Village (Denver Metro), CO and Loveland, CO offices. The person would become a crucial part of a key Merrick growth initiative in Transportation and Public Works.
The Project Manager must be capable of marketing, directing and managing a team of engineers and technicians on transportation and public works projects including urban and rural roadways, interstate highways, shared-use trails, and transportation-related public works projects. The position will work interactively with other teams responsible for surveying and mapping and related civil engineering practices including utilities and storm water engineering. This position requires the ability to not only be proficient in the technical work but to also manage project schedules, budgets, and interface with multi-disciplinary teams of architects and engineers. This position requires a high level of demonstrated effectiveness in working with public works clients, other consulting team members, and in marketing these services to public and private entities.
The successful candidate will be required to interface with clients, and Federal, Local and State government contacts for transportation and public works projects located anywhere within the U.S. Limited travel may be required.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide input to and participate in strategic planning with the Business Unit management team to identify growth, project delivery, staffing, and financial performance.
- Analyze and design urban and rural roadways, interstate highways, and shared-use trails.
- Prepare complex studies, reports, plans, specifications, quantities and cost estimates for projects.
- Direct and mentor a team of junior engineers in the completion of complex tasks and designs.
- Take ownership of projects from start to finish and communicate with clients regarding project issues.
- Prepare scopes of work and man-hour estimates for projects and tasks.
- Responsible for proposal production and implementing marketing initiatives.
- Responsible for ensuring that task and project schedules and budgets are met.
- Responsible for document preparation for regulatory agencies to obtain required permits.
- Exercise initiative, judgment, and knowledge commensurate with the responsibilities of the position.
- Actively participate in technical, professional, and civic organizations.
- Will be expected to adopt and apply all Merrick policies and procedures and to apply them on assignments
- Must possess strong oral/written communications and interpersonal skills and to effectively interface with clients.
- Limited travelrequired.
- Must have a minimum of fifteen (15) years of experience in civil engineering design and project management. Previous experience with Colorado Department ofTransportation and Colorado municipal transportation design and engineering is preferred.
- Must have demonstrated success in Business Development, Project Management and demonstrated skills in leading project teams.
- Must have a Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering from an A.B.E.T. Accredited program.
- Master’s degree in Engineering or Business is preferred but is not a requirement if successful project experience is demonstrated.
- Must be a registered Professional Engineer (P.E.) in Colorado, or have the ability to obtain registration through reciprocity with another state within six months of employment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Well-organized, detail oriented, and self-motivated professional.
- Strong desires to grow personally as well as professionally in a team environment.
- Ability to lead creation of designs and drawings supporting our client’s overall project goals.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Computer Skills:
- AutoCAD Civil 3D is strongly preferred.
- Bentley Microstation/Inroads V8i is a plus.
- Valid Driver’s License with good driving record.