We are looking for a Civil Project Engineer for our Edmonton, Alberta location with experience working on both Municipal Transportation and drainage projects, to manage task teams within large programs. We are looking for a strong technical engineer, with the ability to lead teams, talk with clients and assist PM’s in managing civil projects through design, into construction!
In this role you will review the engineering work completed across civil disciplines to understand the construction impacts and provide insights from a coordination and construction perspective. This will include noting any impacts to schedules and budgets for the assigned project elements, and monitoring progress in the field to ensure schedule and budget requirements are met and coordination efforts are being completed during construction. Beyond the Edmonton Valley Line West project, other opportunities may include future design-build works or design-bid-build projects with disciplines such as drainage, utilities, roadways and multi-use paths. You may support both municipal and private clients in the Canada region.
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Assists in determining the scope of procurement work, schedules, and budgets for assigned project buy outs, monitoring progress to maintain those procurements. Interfaces with procurement and subcontract personnel to facilitate the bid process.
- Coordinates the utilization of interdisciplinary technical personnel on the project with other Project Engineers. Coordinates the assignment of personnel from other technical support groups within the company.
- Assists the Project Manager in planning, directing, supervising, and controlling the execution of technical, fiscal, and administrative functions of the project or study. Assists in determining the technical skills and staff hours required for successful completion of the project.
- Ensures client criteria and scope are met by all engineering disciplines. Expedites distribution of action items following discussions/meetings with the client and Project Manager.
- Prepares technical reports and documentation of activity for the client and project management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering.
- 8+ years of engineering experience on transportation infrastructure projects (Road/Highway/LRT preferred) with experience across municipal disciplines such as drainage, utilities, roads, management of traffic.
- Must have experience working with Municipal clients in transportation infrastructure.
- P.Eng required registered with APEGA.
- Experience providing technical direction to engineering teams.
- Experience working in design-build coordination role.
- Experience on conventional design projects is required; Experience with Design/build project highly desired.