Additional responsibilities include:
- Develops the scope of engineering work, schedules, and budgets for assigned project elements, and monitors progress to meet schedule and budget requirements. Identifies and documents changes in scope.
- Assists in determining the scope of procurement work, schedules, and budgets for assigned project buy outs, monitoring progress to maintain those procurements. Interfaces with procurement and subcontract personnel to facilitate the bid process.
- Coordinates the utilization of interdisciplinary technical personnel on the project with other Project Engineers. Coordinates the assignment of personnel from other technical support groups within the company.
- Assists the Project Manager in planning, directing, supervising, and controlling the execution of technical, fiscal, and administrative functions of the project or study. Assists in determining the technical skills and staff hours required for successful completion of the project.
- Ensures client criteria and scope are met by all engineering disciplines.
- Expedites distribution of action items following discussions/meetings with the client and Project Manager.
- Prepares technical reports and documentation of activity for the client and project management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- 10+ years of engineering experience on heavy transportation infrastructure projects (Road/Highway, Tollway). Experience performing project engineering functions highly desired.
- Experience with at least one of the following agencies is required: IDOT, Chicago DOT or Illinois Tollway.
- Experience providing technical direction to engineering teams preferred.
- Professional Engineering License is required in Illinois or ability to obtain PE this year is required.
- Experience on conventional design projects is required; Experience with Design/build project highly desired.