For over 100 years LEO A DALY has partnered with our clients to create exceptional projects that enhance and enrich the human experience. Join our multidisciplinary team-focused organization to contribute to industry-leading, inspired design in collaboration with many of the brightest professionals in their fields.
The successful candidate will perform engineering design in support of architectural and civil engineering projects related to site design for grading, storm water management, water and sanitary sewer, transportation, and environmental work.
Candidate will work as part of a multi-discipline team performing civil engineering design during all phases of multiple simultaneous projectslocated throughout the United States. Assignments will include performing design calculations, interpreting and preparing reports, preparing cost estimates, and producing deliverable drawing sets for topographic layouts, grading plans, erosion control plans, and utility plans.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Establishes, designs, and specifies project-appropriate civil engineering requirements.
- Plans and directs the work of Civil EITs and Specialists.
- Attends client meetings and communicates with clients, consultants, contractors, and others during various stages of project development.
- Conducts site investigations and observations.
- Prepares narratives, reports, calculations, drawing and specification documents in accordance with a high degree of quality, yet withregard to project schedule and budget constraints.
- Performs cross-discipline discussions and coordination.
- Assists with reviews of civil engineering documents for quality and compliance with code and program requirements.
- Participates in Construction Administration by reviewing shop drawings and submittals, responding to RFI's, solving construction issues, and performing site visits to assess general conformance with the design concept.
- Mentors and encourages the development of junior professionals and technicians.
- Assists with marketing and business development activities including building relationship with key clients and strategic partners, proposal writing, fee estimates, and client interviews.
- Assists with project management activities including establishingproject scope, identifying project related risks, developing projectschedules, and preparing project fees.
- Travel for marketing and project-related activities will be required.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering.
- Minimum 7 years' experience in civil engineering on a wide variety of projects.
- Registered Professional Civil Engineer.
- Demonstrated knowledge of site planning, design, and a practical knowledge of codes.
- Experience working with AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and storm drainage modeling and hydraulic programs.
- Design experience in utility relocation coordination, public/private roadway design, site grading, storm drainage, sanitary sewer design, watermain design, water distribution systems, and pumping stations.
- Self-motivated team player with strong interpersonal, communication, writing, and presentation skills.
- Ability to deal with competing priorities and manage timeappropriately.