In the role of Civil/Municipal Engineer, we'll count on you to:
- Design and plan production for general civil on a wide variety of projects, including water distribution, wastewater collection system, pump stations, site layouts, horizontal and vertical control, grading and drainage, paving, site utilities, and associated civil engineering activities
- Prepare technical memorandums and design calculations
- Perform quantity calculations
- Prepare specifications and contract documents
- Meet and communicate with clients, permitting agencies, contractors, and suppliers
- Perform complex assignments exercising judgment in evaluation, selection and modification of standard engineering techniques and procedures
- Make decisions on significant design and engineering procedures as needed
- Function as a Technical Specialist or Project Manager on mid-size projects as needed, but project management is not the sole focus of this position
- Supervise a small staff of professionals and technicians as needed
- Perform other duties as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or closely related field
- 5+ years’ related experience
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
- Aptitude and demonstrated hands-on experience with computer applications in Civil Engineering such as ArcGIS, InfoWater, InfoSewer, etc.
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil3D.
- Local candidates preferred.