Alfred Benesch & Company is a multi-disciplined engineering and environmental services firm. Benesch is consistently ranked among the top 500 consulting engineering firms in the United States by Engineering News-Record. We are looking to hire an experienced civil highway Project Manager to be based out of our Atlanta, GA office. Must have experience designing and managing roadway projects and developing plans in accordance with GDOT standards.
Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Manage assigned projects by providing direct supervision, mentoring, and overall leadership of a design team
- Develop project scope, schedule and budget estimates
- Identify resources needed and effectively delegate staff duties and responsibilities
- Demonstrate ability to utilize accounting and scheduling software for project management
- Create and execute project work plans
- Analyze accounting reports and project schedule for variances
- Monitor work for adherence to project scope and identify out of scope actions
- Resolve scope, schedule and budget discrepancies internally and with our client
- Prepare and submit appropriate project reports to your immediate supervisor
- Participate in contract negotiations
- Establish client contact and maintain positive relationships
- Serve as primary interface between client and staff for a given project
- Coordinate, monitor and review work performed by sub‐consultants
- Promote the team environment and communication and identify and address team conflicts
- Manage and lead staff on individual basis
- Practice good time management skills, demonstrating ability to work efficiently within time constraints while dealing with numerous concurrent activities
- Networking, including active participation in and leadership of professional organizations
- Demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills to interface effectively with internal staff, clients, contractors, agencies and the public
Required Qualifications include:
- BSCE or related discipline
- Minimum of 10 years of civil/highway design experience including Project Management responsibility
- Progressive experience with developing plans and specifications utilizing Microstation. Basic understanding Inroads software desired.
- Excellent communication and client relation skills.
- Strong organization and leadership skills with a track record for adhering to design budgets and schedules.
- Ability to perform complex analysis and design
- Ability to assemble a complete design package for assigned elements or projects
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
Job Code: 418