To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Determines theoretical principles involved and approach to be taken using judgment in the independent evaluation, selection and adaptations of standard techniques, procedures and criteria in order to design equipment, systems and/or structures which will allow the company to meet program requirements.
- Makes decisions independently on engineering problems and methods and represents the organization in conferences to resolve important questions and to plan and coordinate work. Writes or directs others to write technical reports to document engineering analysis and findings.
- Plans, schedules, conducts or coordinates detailed phases of the engineering work in a total program or project. Performs work which includes complex features such as resolution or conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of standard materials and difficult coordination requirements.
- Conducts detailed feasibility studies for proposed equipment and systems. Reviews design and development plans; reviews cost estimates for completing the proposed projects and evaluates engineering proposals and specifications.
- Acts as a liaison with customer and vendor representatives to ensure adherence to design specification and customer requirements.
- Conducts on-site technical visits. Monitors field installation and testing. Reviews and evaluates operational efficiency of equipment and systems at various facilities.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (accredited) in Engineering, or similar area of study.
- Experience: 5 years of relevant work experience (in addition to education requirement).
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.