The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client’s local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
In this role the candidate will develop and sustain water distribution, wastewater and stormwater infrastructure in communities across New England. As part of our Hartford-based Water team you will have the opportunity to work on exciting and innovative water resources projects, as well as help develop new/rehabilitation wastewater, and conveyance projects. Our projects cover a wide range of topics including, planning, modeling, investigation, and design. Under moderate supervision, you will work in a multi-disciplinary design and consulting environment, reporting to a project or technical manager.
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated professional with a civil/environmental engineering background who has strong interest and basic knowledge of engineering principles and technologies. They will be required to support and lead aspects of planning, design, operations and maintenance of water resources, water distribution, stormwater and wastewater infrastructure.
• Have a strong technical background in water distribution, water resources and stormwater management and collection system evaluation, including hands-on skills required to evaluate and design projects.
• Have strong technical writing skills for design/study reports, specifications and technical memorandums.
• Assist managers on larger, more complex tasks.
• Mentor/coach junior staff on fundamental engineering principals.
You may work on projects such as:
• Wastewater conveyance studies including alternatives evaluations, optimization, cost analysis and preliminary/detailed design.
• Stormwater management system planning and conveyance design, with considerations to: alternative evaluation, water quality assessment, or preliminary/detailed design work for regulatory compliance and/or flood mitigation purposes.
• Water distribution studies including alternative evaluations, cost analysis, preliminary/detailed design.
• Pump station studies including, maintenance scheduling, rehabilitation recommendations, new construction design and cost estimating.
• Drinking water or wastewater facility evaluations including treatment process optimization, cost analysis and process pilot studies, preliminary/detailed design, permitting, construction engineering services, and/or facilities startup.
• Drinking water or wastewater facility preliminary/detailed design work including unit process design, sizing, equipment selection, detailed equipment layout, specifications, and cost estimating.
Bachelor of Science in Civil or Environmental Engineering required.
Required courses taken in college including Hydraulics, Hydrology, Environmental Engineering and Water/Wastewater Treatment.
Professional Engineering (PE) License is required
Proficient in the use of GIS products.
Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products.
At least 5 years Experience in the engineering consulting field with planning, study, design and construction of wastewater, water, stormwater and/or water resources related projects is required
Preparing meeting agendas and development of meeting minutes.
Experience with reading and interpreting local, state and federal regulations.
Strong desire to provide innovative solutions for projects suiting the Client’s needs