Civil Engineering Design Leader / Project Manager
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach- and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future! WSP USA is seeking a Civil Engineering Design Leader / Project Manager in our Raleigh, NC office. This individual will provide local focus, direction and leadership to the Client while partnering closely with the local technical groups and area management. This role will provide the opportunity to work on challenging projects in North Carolina and prominent transportation infrastructure projects nationwide, ranging from rural arterial resurfacing to urban interchange reconstruction. This position is an excellent opportunity to continue to enhance design skills and build relationships within WSP as well as with a large number of clients around the state. The successful candidate must be goal-oriented and able to meet challenging design and schedule requirements. Position description:The ideal candidate will have proven success in leading staff and delivering various types of transportation infrastructure projects, and will be responsible for performing the following tasks:
- Ensuring that production of specifications, reports and analyses meet scope, schedule, cost and quality requirements and are commensurate with professional standards, client requirements and corporate objectives
- Planning, scheduling, and coordinating staffing levels needed for projects
- Providing coordination with other design disciplines and remote office locations, including: Planning, Environmental, Roadway, Structures, Hydraulics/Drainage and Traffic.
- Collaborating with management to determine long-range plans and objectives, including recommendations on project staffing, evaluating and mentoring of subordinate staff
- Manage Projects and maintain schedule, budget, and profitability of assigned projects, overseeing preparation of plans, specifications, proposals and RFC packages
- Completing ad hoc projects as needs arise
- Lead transportation project business development efforts and participate in proposal presentation and business development activities
- Representing WSP USA in assigned locations, markets, and industry associations
Talent is the essence of meeting our client’s objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
- 15+ years of related experience in the design and management of engineering activities for infrastructure projects.
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) license in the State of North Carolina, or the ability to obtain one within six months is required.
- Microstation/Geopak experience required
- Demonstrating creativity, foresight and mature engineering judgment, and successfully managing multiple projects and task assignments, relying upon demonstrated experience in design quality control programs
- Preparing, managing and reviewing project deliverables including planning, design and construction documents, project reports, environmental studies, cost estimates, scopes of work, proposals, etc.
- Demonstrating experience with State and local governments, contractors, transportation agencies, etc.
- Serving as a Project Manager or Deputy Project Manager on major projects
- Leading project pursuits in coordination with the Area Manager and local Business Development Manager
- Maintaining a strong focus on operations and project delivery
- Strategizing the development of new business with new and existing clients