START YOUR APPLICATION
VHB is seeking a Civil Engineer with 5+ years of experience to join its new and growing Land Development group in our Tampa, Florida office. This is an outstanding opportunity to join a dynamic organization and become a member of a growing team while working on assignments throughout Florida from initial scoping through construction for a wide range of land development projects. Position is ideal for someone who is looking for a ground floor Project Management position.
VHB’s passionate professionals include engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with public and private clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Together, we work to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
As a Civil Engineer with VHB, you will…
- Work within a team of professionals to develop site/civil engineering plans and specifications for a multitude of projects
- Support preparation of land development design and permitting documents
- Responsible for assigned project financial performance and client relations
- Prepare and review drawings and specifications documenting the systems designed
- Attend meetings with clients, regulatory agencies, and stakeholders to establish their needs and discuss design/permitting issues with them
- Supervise design team activities
- Have the opportunity to manage work and development of other staff
- Manage small projects and assist managing medium or large projects
- Develop new project opportunities and manage proposal submissions
- Oversight of contractor interpretation of design plans during construction
Like a challenge?
If you exhibit strong leadership skills, you will have the opportunity to mentor and to take our junior designers to the next level all while getting the great exposure to a project manager career path.
- 5+ years of civil engineering experience in Land Development, mostly within a consulting firm
- strong hands-on design experience with solid report writing skills
- BS in Civil Engineering
- Licensed Professional Engineer in Florida
- Proficient in site layout, grading, utility design and stormwater management
- AutoCAD experience required, ICPR and WaterCAD experience desired
At VHB, we’re invested in what we do, compelled by intellectual curiosity, and driven to work collectively to best serve our clients and help shape the future of our communities in a meaningful way. We’re proud, yet humbled, to have been doing this nearly 40 years. We are dedicated to making a positive impact, and providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally.