We are seeking a confident and motivated project manager to be a key contributor to the growth of our Transportation division in the Southeast region of Wisconsin. As a project manager, you will have access to highly experienced roadway, structure, traffic, and construction engineering staff to help you successfully deliver quality transportation projects to our clients. You will also be supported by your fellow project managers within the company as well as upper management to help ensure as much success as possible. Success will be defined by your ability to develop client relationships; identify, pursue, win and manage transportation related projects; make hiring recommendations as we grow the group; and be instrumental in the career development of less experienced staff within the group.
On any given day, you’ll:
- Take the lead in successfully marketing and winning transportation projects from clients including WisDOT, Counties, municipalities, and the private sector.
- Prepare and negotiate contract documents.
- Manage clients.
- Manage projects overseeing the production of all project work, ensuring that the work is produced on schedule, profitably, and in conformance with the quality standards of Ayres Associates and requirements of the contract.
- Build and maintain respectful working relationships with fellow co-workers and leaders within the company.
- Support and participate in the development and mentorship of staff.
- Be an active participant in regularly scheduled group meetings to discuss project pursuits, workload, and resource utilization.
- Provide input to the group manager for the development of an annual business plan and budget for the group.
- Actively engage in local, statewide, and/or national professional organizations.
- Participate in office-wide, social events.
- A bachelor’s degree in civil engineering with an emphasis in transportation.
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) in the state of Wisconsin.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience consisting of transportation related design and project management.
- Willingness to travel to other company locations from time to time.
- A valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
Desired Skills and Experiences:
- Enthusiastic focus on business development, including client contact, marketing initiatives, and monitoring client and partner satisfaction.
- A desire to build the Ayres Associates brand at professional meetings/conferences locally, statewide, and potentially nationally.
- Passion for representing Ayres Associates in a professional manner.
- Eagerness to cultivate a team environment where all staff members feel valued and supported and all ideas flow freely.
- Experience with Civil 3D, AutoCAD and other engineering software.