Ayres Transportation engineers have proudly served the Wisconsin Department of Transportation, Counties, Townships, and private clients for more than 50 years. We’re seeking an established manager who has the passion to represent Ayres in southeastern Wisconsin to existing and targeted clients. As the office lead for the Transportation Group, you’ll coordinate with other operations in the office to cultivate a team environment that leads to efficient and collaborative results. You'll be expected to understand the intricacies of SE Wisconsin and capitalize on market opportunity. Your professional acumen will poise you to leverage client relationships to obtain work in various transportation related disciplines.
On any given day, you’ll:
- Take the lead in successfully marketing and winning transportation projects from clients including WisDOT, Counties, Townships, and private sector clients.
- Develop the long-range strategic plan, marketing plan and the annual business plan for the group with particular emphasis on the annual financial plan, capital purchase, budget, marketing, and training plan sections.
- Meet the goals and objectives of the annual business plan and budget, including revenue and profitability goals, workload backlog, billing, accounts receivable management, and image development.
- Be an active participant in monthly division meetings held with the Vice President and fellow transportation group managers.
- Supervise the work activities of all project managers, engineers, technicians and other assigned specialists.
- Manage clients.
- Provide for and guide staff development.
- Oversee the technical production of all project work, assuring that the work is produced on schedule, profitably, and in conformance with quality standards of the firm and the requirements of the contract.
- Act as the company representative and spokesperson in the community, as well as being active in civic and professional organizations.
- Conduct business development including client contact, marketing, and monitoring client satisfaction.
- Understand and support corporate policies and procedures.
- Prepare contract documents including scope of work, project schedule, and fee estimates and review and approve those prepared by group project managers.
- Negotiate contract scope, schedule, and compensation with clients and sub-consultants.
- Prepare and oversee quality assurance and quality control procedures.
- Participate in office-wide, social events
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering.
- Registered professional engineer (PE) in Wisconsin.
- 15 years of experience in transportation engineering.
- Prior experience in supervising staff, managing projects, developing new and maintaining existing clients.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
Desired Skills and Experiences:
- Eagerness to cultivate a team environment where all staff members feel valued and supported and all ideas flow freely.
- A self-motivated, performance driven leader with excellent people skills.
- Proven business development skills and a strong reputation with clients.