Ayres is seeking a confident and skilled design engineer to be a key contributor in the delivery of transportation related projects for our many public and private clients. As a transportation design engineer within Ayres, you will have the opportunity to work with highly experienced roadway, structure, traffic, and construction project managers and engineering staff working on a wide variety of projects ranging from two-lane rural roadways to complex system interchanges. You will also be supported by your supervisor as well as upper management to help ensure as much success as possible.
On any given day, you’ll:
- Collaborate with a design team to discuss project objectives, challenges and identify design strategies to provide our clients with smart, creative, solutions.
- Perform the geometric design and other design tasks for roadway improvement projects in conformance with applicable design standards, Ayres quality standards, and requirements of the contract.
- Prepare final plans, specifications and estimates.
- Assist or take the lead in the preparation of various design reports.
- Participate in regular group meetings to review and coordinate project schedules and deliverables.
- Mentor less experienced staff.
- Review work performed by others for quality control purposes.
- Build and maintain respectful working relationships with fellow co-workers within the company.
- Participate in office-wide, social events.
- A bachelor’s degree in civil engineering with an emphasis in transportation.
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) in the state of Wisconsin, or ability to attain within first six months.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience consisting of transportation related design.
- Experience and proficient with Civil 3D, AutoCAD (preferred) and/or other similar roadway design software.
- A valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
Desired Skills and Experiences:
- Enthusiastic focus and interest in the use of roadway design software for the development and delivery of creative design solutions and quality final deliverables.
- Experience and knowledge of Wisconsin Department of Transportation design process.
- An interest and willingness to be challenged to allow for consistent personal development and growth.
- A desire to build the Ayres Associates brand at professional meetings/conferences locally, statewide, and potentially nationally as a subject matter expert.
- Experience with 3D Roadway modeling is a plus.
- Experience with OpenRoads is a plus.