STV is a leading, award-winning professional firm offering engineering, architectural, planning, environmental and construction management services. We consistently rank among the country's top 25 firms in education, corrections, highways, bridges, rail and mass transit. Throughout the United States and in Canada, STV’s professional, technical and support personnel offer services to a broad and ever-expanding client base. We provide planning, environmental, design, program and construction management, and specialty services for the transportation, design-build, institutional and commercial building, advanced technology, industrial and defense markets.
For more than 50 years, STV has served the public transportation industry by attending to the needs of our clients and the traveling public. We look at transportation projects from the customer’s point of view. Our responsiveness has earned us the reputation as a leader in transportation systems and facility planning, design and construction management. We draw on years of experience—working for and with agencies—to develop fresh ideas and long-term maintainability. And we follow up with full services from offices across the country. We carefully shape each project from initial planning through final design and system
We currently have an opening in Oakland, CA office for a Civil Engineer in our Transportation and Infrastructure division.
- 10 years minimum experience in transportation, highway and roadway design with Public Agencies and Cities.
- Ability to demonstrate technical knowledge in the following areas:
- vertical and horizontal geometry,
- traffic engineering,
- pavement design,
- drainage and water quality design,
- technical reports and cost estimates.
- In addition these characteristics are sought:
- Ability to interact effectively with other technical disciplines and sub-consultants.
- Ability to help market STV in Northern California for Public Works Projects
- Seller-Does who can work with minimal supervision
- Enjoys leading and making decisions
- BS degree in civil engineering
- CA PE license
- Experience with local agencies
- Proficient in Typical Civil Engineering Software
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Experience in Technical Proposals a plus