Ranked as one of Fortune Magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For," Kimley-Horn prides itself on hiring high-achieving, dedicated, and reliable professionals. Kimley-Horn has a challenging and exciting opportunity for an experienced Structural Engineer in our West Palm Beach, FL office!
Candidates should have strong technical and analytical, detailing, communication and interpersonal skills and should be able to develop and maintain good relationships with coworkers, industry peers and clients.
- Manage and lead projects.
- Develop full sets of structural drawings and technical specifications without guidance.
- Train and mentor Engineers-In-Training (EITs) in structural engineering.
- Perform structural design calculations, plan production activities, and prepare project document submittal packages, while maintaining a Quality Control program for the entire project.
- Lead and provide support for construction phase efforts on building projects in structural engineering.
- Support and participate in meetings and presentations with clients, contractors, and design team members.
- Contribute to identifying project opportunities through networking with new and existing clients.
- BS or MS degree in the field of Civil Engineering with an emphasis in Structural Engineering
- Professional Engineering (PE) License in Florida or ability to obtain in Florida.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in structural design.
- Knowledge and experience in AutoCAD, Revit, and Sketchup with some ability to produce drawings and details, when needed.
- Knowledge and experience in structural analysis and design software, such as STAAD, RAM, E-Tabs, MathCAD, TEDDS, ADAPT PT, and other structural related design software.
- Strong sense of urgency and self-discipline to meet client deadlines.
- Detail-oriented team player with an ability to contribute to a positive work environment.
- Ability to multi-task and work on a variety of projects concurrently.
- Excellent communication, leadership, and technical skills with a continuous mindset on personal and staff development.
- Positive, can-do attitude and a strong work ethic.