Civil Engineer - ( 210002TX )Description
Many of the world's top engineers and scientists come together in our Water business because they view a community's interaction with water a bit differently-as a single holistic system, rather than unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. Working throughout the hydrologic cycle, we are delivering sustainable solutions to make sure water is where it should be and available when needed. Our experts guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. Every day, we help communities improve, reuse, and protect this precious resource for future generations. By 2025 we're hiring 2,000 people (like you) to join our team. Grow with us, H2O+U.Your Opportunity
Stantec is currently seeking a civil engineer with a minimum of four years of experience to provide on-site engineering and project management support to the Buffalo Sewer Authority (BSA). While the candidate will be a Stantec employee, their office will be situated within the BSA's office and amongst BSA staff. Under the general direction of a Stantec senior engineer and BSA staff, the successful candidate will work on a variety of green stormwater infrastructure capital improvement projects. The scope of this role may include project and program management duties, infrastructure design, feasibility studies, earthworks analysis, drainage studies, stormwater management studies, and design for site and infrastructure improvements. This is an excellent career opportunity for an enthusiastic and talented individual to join a team of outstanding professionals and help our clients solve their most challenging problems.Your Key ResponsibilitiesEssential Functions
The following reflects management's definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
QualificationsYour Capabilities and Credentials
- Perform civil engineering design which may include engineering drawings, calculations, reports, and design criteria to support engineering projects such as water and sewage system,
- Produce accurate design and construction drawings and revisions as directed by the project leader using AutoCAD (current edition).
- Assist in assembly of drawing sets as requested.
- Assist in information gathering and construction permitting activities as needed.
- Meet established time and cost goals for each assigned task.
- Understand Stantec and client standards and ensure that work meets those standards
- Demonstrable experience in similar field considered a plus.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Ability to manage priorities with various project leaders and consistent workflow.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities.
- Familiarity with construction standards and terminology.
- Ability to follow company policies and procedures.
- Acute attention to details.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams.
- Ability to work on complex projects with general direction and minimal guidance.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to collect, interpret, and/or analyze complex data and information.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
Education and Experience
- PE licensure in the State of New York is preferred with ability to obtain licensure within 6 months of hire.
- Previous experience within City of Buffalo is preferred.
- Civil and/or Environmental Engineering Bachelor's Degree from Accredited school is required.
- A minimum of four (4) years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.Primary Location
: United States-New York-New YorkOther Locations
: United States-New York-AmherstJob
: Civil EngineerOrganization
: BC-1951 Water-US NortheastEmployee Status
: RegularJob Level
: Individual ContributorTravel
: Yes, 20 % of the TimeSchedule
: Full-timeJob Posting
: Dec 6, 2021, 1:38:06 PMReq ID:
Beginning December 8, 2021, Stantec requires North America employees in many positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 except those for whom a reasonable accommodation has been granted because a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, as required by law.
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans