We are currently seeking a Civil Engineer to provide forensic consulting services. The position requires extensive civil engineering experience to help serve our insurance, legal, industrial and other clients. The ideal candidate will assist in the determination of the origin, cause and extent of failures, water intrusions, and construction defects. Duties in this key position involve the investigation and analysis of residential, commercial, and industrial properties for the purpose of resolving claims and legal disputes. Assignments will include site evaluations, oral and written reports that document causes of failure, extent of loss, and recommended remediation.
This position will be based out of the Concord, CA or San Jose, CA office. Candidate must reside or be willing to relocate to Northern, CA. In return for your talent and effort, we offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package – including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, employer-matching 401(k), PTO, a flexible work schedule and the ability to work from home, and paid relocation and opportunities for advancement.
In this role you will:
- Define scope of work and provide clients with itemized budgets for approval.
- Perform field investigations in order to determine the cause and origin of investigated failures. This will include gathering photographic evidence, conducting investigations to document onsite conditions and oversee field-testing.
- Prepare and produce written forensic reports detailing the causes and origins of investigated failures.
- Serve as an expert witness in deposition and trial.
- Serve as team leader or project manager (may be required to supervise and/or evaluate performance of associate team members).
- Ability to initiate, develop and maintain mutually beneficial client relationships.
To be successful, you are going to need:
- B.S. degree in Civil Engineering degree or higher (required).
- California P.E. (required).
- California S.E. (preferred).
- California licensed General Building Contractor (preferred).
- CXLT Certification (preferred).
- 10 to 15 years of experience, preferably in land development, including construction, transportation design, hydrology and/or geotechnical design.
- Must have high level of analytical skills. Work requires continual attention to detail with the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Experience providing opinions and expert testimony (preferred).
- Must be able to interact and communicate with clients at all levels (e.g. internal and external).
- Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications including but not limited to, Microsoft Office Applications and computer assisted engineering and design software.
- To be able to complete work in an outside environment (Client office, industrial, construction and residential sites) as well as an office setting.
- To perform activities on site: standing, walking on steep slope roofs, climb ladders, enter confined spaces (attics, crawlspaces, tunnels) and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to travel throughout California, and outside the state, as needed.
- A valid driver's license and method of transportation.