Huitt-Zollars' Ontario, California office has an excellent Civil Engineer Project Manager opportunity for an engineer licensed in California. The successful candidate will have expertise and experience in design and plan preparation for roadways, storm drain, sewer, water and reclaimed water for public works and land development projects including residential subdivisions, commercial and industrial developments.
HZ is a leading full-service design firm providing innovative planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery to our clients in the public and private sector. We provide quality solutions for our clients and employment opportunities to qualified talent.
- Project management involving the development of design plans, specifications, feasibility reports, construction administration, utility relocation coordination, cost estimating, geotechnical coordination and basic knowledge of survey data collection, land rights, and regulatory permitting.
- Develop project proposals, scopes, budgets, and manage execution and tracking of engineering projects. Projects may include but are not limited to:
- Roadway design including geometrics, typical section, and plan/profiles
- Surface modeling in AutoCADCivil 3D and earthwork volume calculations is desired
- Capacity and Hydraulic analysis of subsurface systems and detention pond routing
- Utility and R/W relocation protocol and coordination
- Plan approval process and permitting coordination
- Review and distribute work and resources among staff for efficient project completion
- Provide guidance and mentoring to junior staff colleagues
- Cultivate client relationships and provide project status updates to clients
- Present project progress presentations to clients
- BS Degree in Civil Engineering and California registered PE
- Minimum 5+ years of design experience with progressive responsibility and 3 years of project management experience
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Civil 3D,
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Project and Outlook
- Experience in Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) and Water Quality Management Plan (WQMP) utilizing current governing agency templates for various land development projects
- Ability to control costs within own work
- Ability to develop plans for short-term work activities
- Proven Design Skills, Site Development, Planning, Conceptual Skills and Problem Solving
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong time management and ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills