The Civil Engineer/Project Manager should be a self-motivated, experienced, and entrepreneurial individual with the ability and drive to have an impact from strategic level market planning to tactical-level pursuits across our dynamic and expanding organization. Through client, community and industry networking, the successful candidate will maintain and expand strategic relationships with existing clients and build relationships with targeted new clients. This individual will have an opportunity to identify and track leads and opportunities, assess competition, develop strategy and capture plans in collaboration with other department peers.
The Civil Engineer/Project Manager will be supported by a team in the Selinsgrove Office, as well as other resources across LDG, that consists of engineers, designers and technicians.
· Desire to sell services to both new and existing clients.
· Observe new markets; transition prior and current relationships and pursue new opportunities.
· Organizational development and team-building to expand LDG's presence.
· Manage technical and financial performance of assigned projects.
· Develop, establish and nurture partnerships with new and existing clients.
· Build customer confidence in LDG's capabilities and services in the customer arena.
· Participate in the development and implementation of initiatives and pro-actively identify, qualify and prioritize all potential business opportunities.
· Actively participate to develop strategies to grow the Department in terms of total revenue, profitability, service offerings and geographic presence.
· Initiate, support the preparation of and review proposals. Participate in interviews and presentations as applicable.
· B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering or related field.
· Professional Engineer licensure or advanced degree required.
· 8+ years experience in Civil Engineering.
· Ability to review design calculations using engineering formulas and methods.
· Ability to review documents and prepare cost estimates.
· Ability to manage multiple clients, tasks, and schedule commitments is critical.