HZ is a leading full-service design firm providing innovative planning, engineering, architectural design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery to our clients in the public and private sector. We provide quality solutions for our clients and employment opportunities to qualified talent.
- Produce plans and manage land development and public works projects from inception to design and construction.
- Perform business development and maintain successful client relationships.
- Develop project proposals, scopes, budgets, and manage execution and tracking of projects.
- Lead a team of engineers, designers and technicians in projects.
- Supervise designers, drafters and EITs.
- Manage the proposal process in the procurement of projects.
- Ensure projects are completed within client specifications, budgets and schedules.
- Maintain plan production and process plans and permits with various city municipalities.
- BSCE Degree
- Licensed and Registered PE in California
- Minimum 10 years of engineering design experience in Land development and public works
- Solid business development and client relations experience
- Proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of local design ordinances and standards
- Understanding of City permitting and public improvements with the capability to process plans and permits
- Strong project management ability to manage a team within budgets and deadlines
- Understanding of project scope
- Passion for teaching and mentoring junior engineers to foster professional growth