Prepares design documentation to include, but not limited to: Statements of Work, Specifications, drawings, sketches, calculations and building code references. Performs duties as project engineer throughout the lifecycle of the project (Design through construction completion). These duties include evaluating and recommending approval of submittals; providing technical approach assessments; developing modification packages when necessary.
Essential Job Functions:
- Designs, plans civil engineering projects such as stormwater systems, roads, airports, bridges, irrigation systems, and water and wastewater pipelines.
- Analyzes maps, blueprints, drawings, tests, and aerial photographs on soil composition, terrain, hydrological characteristics, and other topographical and geologic data to plan and design project.
- Calculates cost and determines feasibility of project based on analysis of collected data, applying engineering and advances mathematic principles.
- As needed, inspects construction site to monitor progress and ensure conformance to engineering specifications.
- Participates in technical review of MILCON A-E designers’ plans and specifications.
- Uses computer-assisted engineering and design software.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- Registered Professional Engineer in the State of Florida, preferred.
- Successful completion of the Fundamentals of Engineering exam.
- Minimum two years’ experience in stormwater project design.
- Excellent judgment.
- Ability to think creatively and strategically.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Strong communicator with excellent written, presentation, oral communications and interpersonal skills. Must speak fluent English. Ability to brief large groups of military and civilian personnel.
- Computer and keyboard skills.
- Ability to read and write SOPs and manuals.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must be able to hold a Secret Security Clearance.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 6-9 years with Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- 4-7 years with a Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering .