O’Brien & Gere is seeking an experienced civil (Engineer 2) in the Charlotte, NC office. The candidate will perform complex assignments requiring the application of standard design engineering techniques for an entire project or selected segments of a complete project. The incumbent must be capable of exercising independent judgment in evaluating, selecting, and applying standard design engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria to make design adaptations and modifications. The candidate will perform technical work including the following:
- Prepare designs and perform calculations in support of projects of varying complexity, following standards set forth in the Firm’s Quality Management System using design software and modeling tools
- Analyzes survey reports, maps, drawings, aerial photographs, geotechnical data and other information to plan projects of average complexity and create design deliverables
- Reviews work of others for conformance to O’Brien & Gere and Owner requirements.
- Consistently utilizes sound judgement and discretion in performance of job functions.
- Gathers and records information to be used for writing technical specifications.
- Reviews vendor drawings to assure compliance with Contract Documents.
- Prepares and presents technical reports.
- Visits job sites and prepare field reports
- Prepares or present reports or analysis such as design calculations, field data results/conclusions and/or cost estimates.
- Coordinates with internal and external client contact.
- Prepares proposals, fee estimates, and subcontract agreements
- Coordinates permitting process with state and local authorities
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology – Required
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience – Required
- Registered professional Engineer – Required
- NCEES Record - Preferred
- Proficient in Revit-Preferred
- Proficient in AutoCAD and/or MicroStation – Required
- Proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D – Preferred
- Proficient in HydroCAD (or Similar) - Preferred
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Works effectively in teams
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, race, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Should an applicant require reasonable accommodation with the application or the interview process, please notify the Human Resources Department.
O’Brien & Gere is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.