NIC is working with an Engineering firm in southern Pennsylvania that is seeking an experienced Civil Engineer to lead assessment of mining sites throughout the area.
This is a full time direct hire opportunity, and they are offering exceptional salary and benefits, and relocation assistance.
• Bachelor of Science or higher in Mining Engineering, Civil Engineering, or related field;
• Current Professional Engineer (P.E.) license in Pennsylvania, or eligible for quick reciprocity
• At least 5 years of experience assessing storm water, erosion and sediment control, and earth work
• Ability to read and understand architectural, structural and engineering plans;
• Advanced knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D
Due to the nature of the work, you should also be willing and able to work outdoors in all weather; be able to travel overnight occasionally as needed, and possess a valid driver’s license to all this; and be a good team player.
• Prepare necessary project plans & applications, such as Erosion & Sedimentation and MSHA safety plans
• Draft technical drawings for design and plot plan presentations as well as mining designs
• Maintain ongoing relationships and effective communication with government agencies and clients
• Perform field surveys for a variety of civil, environmental and mining projects
• Prepare and perform construction inspections
• Provide quarry development and routine engineering services for active mine sites
Please submit an up-to-date resume and the NIC team will review and contact you about the next steps.
Valid through: 3/5/2021