Job Description *** WGL will hire one Civil Engineer across levels III- V, at a level of our discretion based on qualifications. Must share total years of experience on resume/CV.
Summary: Responsible for project management of pipeline projects of moderate to large scope. Provide design and engineering support for the entire Corporate Engineering group and Gas Transportation. Develop O&M procedures and D&C standards. Develop technical reference and guide materials. Manages operating and maintenance driven projects of moderate to large scope and complexity. Manage special projects of varying degrees and subjects. Manage and reports on project budgets monthly. Assist in the formulation and development of the annual capital budget.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Manage transmission and large-diameter distribution pipeline projects of small to moderate scope including route analysis and selection, project cost estimating, coordinating easement acquisition and permitting, material identification & acquisition, construction specifications, assistance with contractor bid and selection process, construction management, restoration and documentation activities.
- Manage budget and forecasting duties for projects mentioned above. Assist with the development and justification of annual capital budget items. Provide weekly MOS reports.
- Provide civil engineering design function for the entire Corporate Engineering and GT Unit.
- Provide overall engineering support for operating and maintenance and special projects.
- Provide engineering assistance for the development of new or updating of existing O&M procedures as well as Design & Construction standards.
- Provide project support on large-scale or complex transmission/distribution piping projects.
At the Civil Engineer V level:
• B.S. degree in Engineering ((Civil or Mechanical preferred) with Professional Engineer (PE) Certification or equivalent experience and nine years industry related work experience.
At the Civil Engineer IV level:
• B.S. Degree in Engineering ((Civil or Mechanical preferred), seven years experience in the natural gas or related industry and certificate as "Engineer-in-Training" required.
At the Civil Engineer III level:
• B.S. Degree in Engineering (Civil or Mechanical preferred), five years experience in the natural gas or related industry. “Engineer-in-Training Certificate” required.
• Good working knowledge of construction practices and procedures as well as applicable codes and standards.
• Ability to establish rapport and effective relationships with business partners.
• Ability to logically analyze and solve business problems.
• Ability to write and present diverse ideas logically and concisely.
• Ability to proficiently operate computer software and hardware for data manipulation, analysis, and presentation purposes.
WGL is an EO employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled
Auto req ID 1293BR