Jacobs serves the PharmaBio, Chemicals, Refining, Pulp & Paper, Power & Utilities, High Tech and Consumer Products Industries. Our core life sciences network has contributed to becoming the largest provider of engineering and construction services to pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients and we have established ourselves as the center of excellence for Pulp and Paper facilities. Jacobs provides full-service engineering, procurement, and construction management services for both new and existing facilities, offering environmental and water / wastewater support, energy audits, and hygienic / sanitary assessments. For projects of every scale we provide design, engineering, construction, commissioning, and maintenance services that support a facility's entire life cycle.
- Conceptualizes the initial civil design approach for major phases of large and small land/site development or transportation related projects, has the responsibility for own civil engineering work of aforementioned types of projects
- Performs design and permitting functions associated with NCDEQ’s Erosion and Sediment Control Act regulations
- Leads the design effort associated with NCDEQ’s storm water (BMP)requirements for water quality
- Plans, schedules, and conducts own civil work under the supervision of a Senior Civil Engineer. Performs the design and monitors ongoing process of a project, including the coordination of the project with City, State, and County officials, and other outside agencies
- Resolves a variety of complex problems (i.e. conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials, difficult coordination requirements)
- Consults with supervisor on unusual problems and developments
- Serves as a liaison between clients and agencies, subcontractors, and design teams
- Prepare plans and technical specifications, contract documents and estimates
- Participates in contract bidding and administration: observes project activity on site
- Performs other duties assigned by a Senior or Lead Engineer or Project Manager
- Bachelor’s or Associates degree in Civil Engineering is preferred.
- Strong Civil CAD Designer will be considered in lieu of Degree.
- A minimum of 10+ years of progressive work experience in the civil engineering field, related to job responsibilities of this position, including but not limited to: lay out structures, utilities, grading and paving in compliance with erosion control, storm water and general compliance with site requirements mandated by Local, County and State regulations
- AutoCAD proficiency is required
- Ability to coordinate with other phases of a project, clients and regulatory agencies is required
- Must be able to interface with other disciplines on projects
- Position may require limited travel
- Knowledge of MicroStation considered a plus.
- Civil 3D proficiency is required
- EI registration is preferred.
- LEED experience considered a plus