As a Civil Engineer II the successful candidate will be responsible to provide civil engineering project engineering support through review, research, analysis, design, communication, coordination, and field observation activities. Provide assistance to ensure civil/sitework project scope is executed successfully and in accordance with client’s desired results and University’s standards. Work with project managers for resolution of engineering issues on projects. Review and comment on engineering work by outside architectural/engineering firms. Work with all members of the project team through planning, design, construction, and warranty. Provide post-project facility engineering consultation. Provide design, analysis, and field engineering support of select projects and Physical Facilities programs including the storm water, water, transportation, and geotechnical, surveying, and sustainability initiatives. Provide facilities engineering support to operations and maintenance staff and other departments upon request. Provide condition assessment support for the building condition assessment program. Provide support activities in conjunction with development and upkeep of University design standards.
About The Organization:
The Asset Management unit comprehensively addresses current and future facility and programmatic needs in a manner that enhances efficiency and effectiveness for customers.For more information regarding our department, visit our website at Asset Management
Advantages of a Purdue Career
The perks of a Purdue career are numerous, offering everything from the satisfaction of working for a nationally renowned university, to the arts and intellectual stimulation, to just living in a great community. What appeals most to you?
Below are just a few of the reasons our employees have chosen a Purdue career.Benefits and Retirement
Purdue offers your choice of medical plan options. And, to help you with the important responsibility of planning and saving for your retirement, Purdue provides a variety of retirement plans, some of which are linked to the type of position you hold.Tuition Reduction
Purdue offers a generous tuition fee remission for the employees and their spouses and children.Paid Time Off
Purdue University offers its employees a valuable and varied package of leaves, including vacation, sick leave, paid parental leave, and military leave.Center for Healthy Living
The Center for Healthy Living provides the preventive care services that are vital to protecting your health, and treats your illnesses and your ongoing conditions. The center offers support for nutrition, stress management, physical activity and more.Fitness and Entertainment Perks
Purdue faculty and staff are eligible for employee rates at Purdue’s Recreational Sports Center and enjoy discounts and priority ticket-buying days for athletic and entertainment events.Discount Programs at Select Retailers and Free CityBus Access
The Clerical and Service Staff Advisory Committee (CSSAC) works to provide discounts to all faculty, staff and retirees. View the list of employee discounts. The Greater Lafayette CityBus is free to employees who show their Purdue Staff ID. Visit the CityBus website to see campus maps and other routes
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Professional Engineer registration or ability to attain within 60 days.
- 5 years post Professional Engineer Experience in the field of civil engineering.
- Civil Engineering design, analysis, condition assessment, project engineering, and facilities engineering experience.
- AutoCad, Microstation and/or ArcGIS experience
- Thorough knowledge of basic engineering principles and techniques; engineering planning; equipment and materials used in engineering operations; specialized subjects used in the fields of engineering, such as mathematics, statistics, mechanics, power, physics, and chemistry; and strength of materials.
- Ability to apply engineering principles to practical engineering problems; to use engineering equipment and tools, including computer applications; to make, read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to relate abstract ideas to actual needs and adopt an effective course of action.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to exercise sound engineering judgment and exhibit solid leadership to establish well-reasoned solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to satisfactorily perform self-directed activities of moderate complexity with minimal engineering oversight, guidance, and assistance.
- Experience with sewer, water, surveying, transportation asset management and storm water management.
- Purdue will not sponsor an employment related visa for this position.
- A background check is required for employment in this position.
- ALL applicants must apply via Purdue’s online recruitment system. No other applications/resumes will be accepted.
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible for Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contribution Waiting Period.
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.