Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop designs and plans for highway, roadway, interchange and drainage projects following NYSDOT Standards
- Apply the standards and analysis techniques described in the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices, Highway Capacity Manual, AASHTO A Policy on the Geometric Design of Streets and Highways, et al
- Develop work zone traffic control plans (WZTC/MPT)
- Develop signage tables/plans using the latest MUTCD manual and GuidSIGN 6 software
- Develop erosion and sedimentation control plans and details to NYSDOT Std.
- Perform drainage analysis with accompanying drainage plans to NYCDEP Std.
- Develop permit applications for NYSDEC, USACOE, and NYCDEP
- Experience in Traffic Engineering a plus
- Perform engineering cost estimates
- Mentor junior level staff
- Assist with client relations and business development efforts and proposals
- Complete work accurately and in accordance with quality control and quality assurance procedures
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Engineering (BE) or Bachelor of Science with concentration on Civil Engineering –Transportation oriented
- 8 to 15 years of relevant highway, interchange, drainage, and roadway design experience
- Must be a New York Licensed PE familiar with NYSDOT, NYCDOT, DDC and NYCDEP Standards for Design and Drainage
- Green Infrastructure experience a plus
- Must be proficient in MicroStation V8i software, Bentley InRoads, and Civil 3D
- Must be detail and goal oriented, self-starter; and proficient in both verbal and written communications.
Valid Through: 2019-10-14