Position includes mid to senior level professional design work on civil engineering projects for Federal, State, and Local Governments. Candidate must be capable of making sound engineering decisions, developing and organizing CAD drawings, creating project specifications and cost estimates, performing design calculations, and assembling contract documents while receiving instructions from supervisors and delegating work to designers and junior engineers. Design elements will include site layout, roadways, grading, storm drainage, water distribution and transmission, gas distribution, and wastewater collection.
The successful candidate will be required to interface with client, Federal, State, County, and Municipal government contacts on projects. Minimal travel will be required.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Civil Engineering from an A.B.E.T. Accredited School
- Must have a minimum seven (7)years’ experience in civil site design including site grading, roadway, paving, drainage, water distribution, natural gas distribution, and sanitary sewer collection.
- Must have Professional Engineering (PE) license.
- Experience in AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or Microstation is strongly preferred. Experience using Microsoft Office is also strongly preferred.
- Experience with Department of Defense (DoD)/Department of Energy (DOE) government design projects is a plus.
- Ability to work across teams in multiple locations is a plus.
- Local candidates preferred/no relocation assistance provided.
- The job requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as but not limited to: computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets. scanners, and plotters.
Job ID 2018-1137