Why join us?
This position is located in either Saskatoon or Regina. The Civil Design Lead will report to the Infrastructure Design Manager, Geoscience & Infrastructure. This position is responsible for the management and delivery of design services for infrastructure projects in Saskatchewan. The Geoscience & Infrastructure team is a part of the Engineering, Design, and Project Management (EDPM) division of SNC-Lavalin Inc. within Canada. By joining SNC-Lavalin Inc., you're seizing the chance to grow with a leader in engineering and construction, with ample opportunity to work on projects locally and abroad.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Comply with corporate policies and safety protocols and identification of general safety, and HSE requirements
- Aids in the development of Transportation work in the Prairies Region including municipal, highway and traffic planning
- Provide design services and technical support in Transportation, Municipal, Highway, and Traffic Planning
- Aids in the production of engineering documents such as technical or design reports, cost estimates and construction specifications
- Prepare proposals by determining concept, gathering and formatting information, writing drafts and obtaining approvals
- May perform as either the design field engineer or as the clients' field engineer representative and be responsible for Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) supervision on Civil projects
- Undertake contract administration, construction management and design optimization
- Foster critical relationships with technical and non-technical staff, and technology suppliers
- Interface with project teams to develop and implement multi-disciplinary project and proposal strategies
- Liaise with clients, regulatory agencies, and contractors
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering (Transportation) from an accredited university
- Minimum of 7 years of applicable experience in the consulting sector, specifically Transportation
- Registration or eligible to be registered with APEGS
- Excellent communication (written and oral), prioritization and organization skills
- Detail oriented with the ability to balance a diverse and changing workload
- Working knowledge of Civil 3D and/or Microstation
- Experience with Saskatchewan and TAC design standards and Saskatchewan specifications, Federal, Municipal and Provincial clients, Underground municipal infrastructure design such as storm and sanitary systems, Traffic management and intersection design, Functional planning, traffic engineering, and/or geometric design, Experience in roadway surfacing design, Project Management and Roadway construction experience would be considered an asset.
- MS Office Skills