At Gannett Fleming, we believe in improving the lives of the people we serve. We believe in innovation and social responsibility. We believe in the diversity of our team and the creative solutions they provide. We believe in embracing change and emerging technologies while maintaining an unmatched standard of quality. We believe in creating an environment where employees can thrive at home and at work. We believe in engaging our employees, building lasting relationships with our clients, and, in turn, making a difference in the world.
Excellence Delivered As Promised. It’s more than a slogan. It’s our standard. It’s the expectation we place upon ourselves as individuals and as a company. It represents our commitment to our valued clients, industry partners, and employees. It’s our earnest pledge to do what we say. It’s the core of who we are as a firm and the foundation upon which all of our relationships and projects are built.
What You Will Do
We are seeking a Civil Design Engineer to join our design team in Rocky Hill, Connecticut. The team is part of Gannett Fleming’s Transit & Rail Systems Division, a nationally recognized leader in railroad planning, design, and construction management.
- Under the guidance of senior staff, assist in the preparation of drawings, specifications, engineering reports, and similar documents for transit and rail clients.
- Participate in site investigations and the evaluation of design information. Assist in the development of site conditions reports and the initial documentation for design.
- Perform Design Services during Construction. Review Submittals, RFI’s, and coordinate design activities for projects under construction.
- Be actively involved in the Gannett Fleming Career Track program. Work closely with experienced transit & rail professionals in a growing and dynamic field of engineering. We seek candidates who are focused on career growth and advancement.
- The successful candidate will be assisting in the management of transit and rail projects. The work will initially be conducted under the guidance of Senior Project Managers. The candidate will assume additional project management responsibilities with experience.
- Gannett Fleming’s Connecticut office participates in local, regional, and national transit and rail programs. The work affords an exposure to the standards and practices of Gannett Fleming’s clients in the US and in Canada.
- BS in Civil Engineering or a related field.
- 10 plus years of experience.
- Experience working with MicroStation, AutoCad, and related applications is required.
- This position requires good verbal and written communication skills.
- Registered PE desirable