Hubbell Incorporated is an international manufacturer of quality electrical and electronic products for a broad range of non-residential and residential construction, industrial and utility applications. With 2016 revenues of $3.5 billion, Hubbell Incorporated operates manufacturing facilities in the United States, Canada, Switzerland, Puerto Rico, Mexico, the People's Republic of China ("China"), Italy, the United Kingdom, Brazil and Australia. Hubbell also participates in joint ventures in Taiwan and Hong Kong, and maintains sales offices in Singapore, China, India, Mexico, South Korea, and countries in the Middle East. The corporate headquarters is located in Shelton, CT.
Hubbell Power Systems (HPS), a division of Hubbell Incorporated, engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of transmission, distribution, substation, underground, OEM and communications products used by utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas and water industries.
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Regional Manager will be responsible for managing sales activities and developing regional sales strategies to achieve high rates of growth in the Civil Construction Western Region
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meet/exceed overall region sales quota while driving Civil Construction market share growth
- Develop and maintain significant and meaningful quarterly and annual goals and objectives with each distributor and sales agent in the Western Region
- Provide product and installation training to distributor and agent salesnetwork as required
- Assist Civil Construction National Sales Manager in establishing territory strategies & business plans
- Represent the company at relevant trade exhibitions and shows
- Provide Voice of Customer (VOC) and new product ideas to Civil Marketing team
- Support project quotes through communications with Civil Marketing & Customer Service teams
- Analyze market trends and provide strategic direction for new business development opportunities
- Responsible for developing sales strategies to ensure full product coverage of Western Region
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Willing to travel extensively in the Western Region (CA, NM, AZ, NV, MT, WA, OR, ID, UT, AK, Western Canada) on business trips. Ability to communicate and work on PC or other company related equipment as required. Work location options are open to discussion. Person can reside in Los Angeles, CA; Denver, CO; Salt Lake City, UT; Seattle, WA; San Diego, CA; San Francisco, CA, or another western city.
RECOMMENDED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND: Engineering or Business Degree. Above average presentation skills, strong written and oral English skills and 5+ years of industry experience with salesexperience a plus. Knowledge of Microsoft Office software experiencepreferred.
OTHER ATTRIBUTES: Must be a strong communicator and self motivated to be able to provide leadership and guidance to the Civil Construction sales channels within the Western Region. The individual must be effective working in a multi-cultural environment, capable of managing all regional sales activities, and able to identify, propose, and develop additional sales channels to National Sales Manager. Must be able to manage and control various sales & marketing expenditures and budgets for the Western Region.