In this role as a Technical Designer, you will work closely with the structural engineering team. Job tasks will include rationalizing geometry for appropriate structural schemes, rapidly developing structural BIMs, annotating plan and details, and assisting with writing narratives. Position requires impeccable written and spoken communication skills with frequent interactions with clients, architects, contractors, and owners. Our projects range vastly in scale, detail, and complexity, and this position requires being able to work on multiple projects at a time with engineers and modelers from multiple geographic locations.
Qualified candidates should also possess a high energy level and be a self-motivated professional who can work within a strong team environment, serving clients on major projects throughout the United States and internationally. Technical specialization, proactivity and aggressiveness when meeting client and project needs, are pluses.
- 4-7 years’ experience in relevant commercial building design as an architectural or structural designer or engineer;
- Demonstrated career growth that includes experience working on design teams for a variety of building types
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture or Civil Engineering with emphasis in Structural
- Extensive knowledge and experience in use of Rhinoceros, AutoCAD and Revit, including parametric modeling and visual programming experience;
- Experience using Tekla is ideal and preferred but not required; and
- Candidates must be proactive, have strong organizational skill, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and be client-service oriented
Req Number 2017-1317