Montefiore, the University Hospital for Albert Einstein College of Medicine, is one of healthcare’s most wired hospitals, widely recognized by the Hospitals & Health Networks' 15th annual Most Wired Survey for our adoption of technology to support clinical care and patient safety and privacy, infrastructure, business and administrative management, and the continuum of care. Our experts deploy new technologies, define new business processes and provide stakeholders across the institution with the resources needed to meet their most difficult challenges. As a Montefiore IT employee, your work will contribute to transforming patient care and improving health outcomes. You will also gain insight into the technical workings of one of the nation’s top academic medical centers. We offer a dynamic working environment and excellent employee benefits.
The CITRIX Engineering team provides 7x24x365 support to Montefiore's virtual applications and desktops, as well as management services to outside customers.
- Participate in the migration and support of servers for College of Medicine and White Plains Hospital to Montefiore data centers and Active Directory domain. Participate in server migration including for future acquisitions.
- Create innovation roadmaps, monitor maintenance scheduling, and participate in life cycle and capacity management for the Citrix environment and related dependent technologies.
- Design, implement, and support solutions related to Citrix projects and initiatives.
- Manage day-to-day administration, planning, and problem-solving for the Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop environment on a 24x7 basis.
- Identify inefficiencies, gaps and issues, and drive the analysis and documentation of technical requirements for enterprise Citrix XenApp architecture, guiding adoption of and adherence to standard operating procedures.
- Performance tuning and optimizing availability of XenApp/XenDesktop environment to eliminate single points of failure.
- Work with Windows/Server team on virtualization initiatives.
- Maintain all documentation as it relates to configuration, processes, service records, asset inventories, topologies, administration manuals, job instructions, support contacts, etc.
- System design and engineering experience in an enterprise environment
- Very strong knowledge of server hardware configurations on various architectures.
- Very strong knowledge of Windows 2012 & 2016 Server architecture
- Very strong knowledge of Windows 10 architecture
- Very strong knowledge of VMware and tools available.
- Perform with attention to detail and without errors
- Very strong problem solving, analytical, and business writing skills.
- Knowledge of Active Directory.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and changing priorities.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision