What you will be doing
Individuals in the Infrastructure Engineering role are responsible for executing the strategy set by architecture. They are responsible for designing, building, testing, implementing, maintaining and optimizing the infrastructure and operations (Infrastructure), in accordance with security policies and guidelines. Infrastructure Engineers typically spans: server platforms, middleware infrastructure, networking, client technology and storage systems. Additional functions and processes include service and product management, performance and capacity management, patching and version management, and Level 3 operations support.
The primary responsibility is focused on the Citrix environments at ABC. The candidate will need to be well versed in administering Citrix Apps and Virtual Desktops 7.x and Citrix Profile Management. Real world experience with Application Layering is a plus. Previous experience and success publishing, supporting, and troubleshooting applications and desktops via Citrix for large global environments is required. Responsible for installing, modifying, removing and analyzing networking hardware and software on the Company's computer systems. This position also participates in design and project support. Analyze server infrastructure related issues in a timely manner and escalate when needed. Monitor systems using tools to proactively resolve issues. Setup/Install/Configure Citrix environments, publish applications and desktops as needed. Respond to Incidents and Requests according to documented SLAs. Manage security (access control, permissions) for applications and desktops. Troubleshoot issues and escalate appropriately. Participate in monthly maintenance windows. Participate in a monthly on-call rotation. Create and maintain technical documentation. Attend and actively participate in weekly meetings. Performs routine tasks under the direct supervision of a more experienced Administrator. Knowledge of server hardware and components. Experience with Windows 2012R2 and 2016 Server OS as well as VMware architecture is required. Basic knowledge of Active Directory and its components (WINS, DNS, DHCP). Good analytical and problem solving skills. Good interpersonal skills; effective team player. Good group presentation skills. Good analytical skills. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Ability to prioritize work load and consistently meet deadlines. Strong organizational skills; focused and attention to detail. Ability to work under direct supervision and work well with others in a team environment. Experience working in an organization utilizing Agile and Digital Transformation models is a definite plus. Relevant certifications are a requirement.
- Participates in short- and long-term planning efforts with stakeholders IT groups.
- Provides project cost/time estimates.
- Works with analysts, architecture, and stakeholders to understand business needs.
- Ensures completeness of technical requirements and functional architecture analysis for the design and implementation of system business solutions.
- Identifies requirements gaps or issues.
- Determines systems specifications, input/output processes and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
- Works with impacted areas to ensure proper communication/review of requirements and integration.
- Evaluates technical requirements for projects to determine the impact to the infrastructure including equipment redundancy and capacity requirements.
- Design, develops/builds, and tests solutions or infrastructure solutions to meet business requirement and functional specifications
- Coordinates design/development activities of subsystems and integration with larger infrastructure solutions.
- Installs, configures, and tests infrastructure solutions.
- Assists in the business process redesign and documentation as needed for new technology.
- Makes recommendations to improve security and participates in investigations as needed.
- Adheres to security requirements.
- Provides audit trails to detect potential security violations.
- Designs, plans and leads testing efforts and coordinates feedback of test results.
- Develops cases test plans.
- Conducts testing to ensure requirements are met.
- Escalates problems as needed.
- Build, Deploys and reviews new, modified or enhanced infrastructure components or services.
- Ensures build and deployment meets client's expectations.
- Documents and completes knowledge transfer to production support.
- May coordinate activities.
- May perform routine maintenance tasks.
- Assists in establishing requirements, methods and procedures for routine maintenance.
- Ensures performance meets the present and future needs of the business.
- Forecasts utilization patterns and identifies modifications or upgrades.
- Designs reports to identify patterns and trends.
- Defines and ensures continuous monitoring procedures are set according to the standard procedures and requirements.
- Recommends changes/enhancements for improved systems availability, reliability and performance.
- Recommends operational metrics.
- Analyzes metrics to understand performance and identifies opportunities for continuous improvements.
- Performs Level 3/4 incident assessment and resolution on infrastructure solutions.
- Investigates alternative methods to expedite problem resolution.
- Recommends procedures and controls for problem resolution or creates temporary solutions until permanent solutions can be implemented.
- Researches, analyzes and recommends the implementation of software or hardware changes to rectify current problems or similar future problems.
- Reviews checklists and scripts and updates as needed.
- May participate in the development of contingency plans including reliable backup and restore procedures.
- Participates in the identification of vulnerabilities and mitigation plan.
- Assists in the development of disaster recovery plans with service providers.
- Supports and helps establish systems environment standards.
- Works with auditors and security groups to ensure adherence to governance, regulations, and compliance with policies and procedures.
- Assists in developing SLAs or OLAs.
- Works with vendors to resolve problems and develop infrastructure solutions.
- Evaluates vendor solutions to ensure compliance with requirements and cost-effectiveness.
- Documents new or modified infrastructure solutions, modules, test activities/results and other areas such as error handling.
- Ensures all documentation is delivered according to specified guidelines.
- Proofreads documents for accuracy.
- Provides coaching to team members.
- Evaluates future technologies and makes recommendations
What your background should look like (minimum qualifications)
Bachelor's degree or technical institute degree/certificate in a relevant field or equivalent work experience.
Typically requires 5-7 years of relevant Citrix technology work experience.
Demonstrates knowledge of a broad range of hardware and software products
Demonstrated success in troubleshooting and resolving complex Citrix issues
Experience with general IT concepts beyond their primary discipline
Good analytical and problem solving skills
Good interpersonal skills; effective team player
Good analytical skills with attention to detail
Good presentation skills
Ability to prioritize work load
Understanding of ITSM
What AmerisourceBergen offers We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes benefit programs that are comprehensive, diverse and designed to meet the various needs across our associate population.
- Healthcare for associates and eligible dependents, same-sex and domestic partners
- Paid time off, including vacations and holidays
- Paid volunteer time off
- Life insurance and disability protection
- Pet insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Retirement benefits and more…
Throughout our global footprint and various business units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we offer. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contributions. Specific benefit offerings may vary by location, position and/or business unit.